Diabetes Mellitus is the cluster of the diseases which affect the way the body makes use of the blood sugar. Glucose is essential for health as it provides energy for the cells of the body including the brain. Chronic diabetes is Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. Reversible diabetes includes pre-diabetes. In ‘pre-diabetes’ the level of blood sugar is higher than the normal but not as high to be labelled as ‘diabetes’.
Types of Diabetes
Type 1 Diabetes:
It is caused by both environmental factors and genetic susceptibility. The ‘insulin-producing’ cells are destroyed, and thus no or little insulin is produced. As a result, there is a build-up of sugar in the bloodstream.
Type 2 Diabetes:
In this type of diabetes, the cells of the body develop resistance against insulin, and the pancreas is not able to produce enough insulin for overcoming the resistance. Sugar (glucose) instead of moving into the cells for the production of energy accumulates in the bloodstream. Environmental and genetic factors are causative agents of type 2 diabetes. Overweight and Type 2 diabetes is correlated.
The placenta during pregnancy generates hormones for sustaining a pregnancy. The hormones make the cells insulin resistant. The pancreas produces adequate insulin for overcoming the resistance, but sometimes it cannot maintain the production. In such circumstances, less glucose enters the cells, and an appreciable amount remains in the blood causing gestational diabetes.
The symptoms and signs of Type 1, as well as Type 2 Diabetes, are listed below
- Appreciable thirst and hunger
- Weight loss
- Urge to urinate frequently
- Irritability and fatigue
- Slowly healing sores
- Blurred vision
- Frequent vaginal, skin and gum infections
Naturopathic Treatment for Diabetes
The naturopathic treatment for diabetes suggested by a naturopathic doctor in one of the best diabetes hospitals in Bangalore is as follows:
- Reviewing of the blood sugar log or diet diary
- The reputed doctors of the Jindal hospital give dietary guidance for achieving a balanced level of blood sugar all through the day.
- Naturopathic doctors at the Bangalore diabetes hospital suggest lifestyle counselling of the patients for disease management as well as encouraging the improvement of lifestyle.
- Taking preventive measures for avoiding the aggravation of the disease.
- Incorporation of nutritional or herbal supplements in the diet for correcting nutritional deficiencies or supporting the management of blood sugar.
- Medication management consultation
Jindal Naturecure Institute Bangalore is a reputed institute that offers naturopathic treatment for diabetes. Our accomplished naturopathic doctors provide diet counselling and lifestyle modification suggestions for the treatment of diabetes. We emphasize on drug-less and non-invasive technique for the treatment of diabetes.